Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cookies and tea in one at Amai Tea & Bake House

Assorted cookies, Amai Tea House
Before Nirvana I stopped in at Amai Tea & Bake House nearby and picked up this assortment of six cookies: Green Tea, Earl Grey and Currant, Chai Almond, White Tea and Strawberry, Hojicha Sesame, and Lemongrass and Ginger. Over the course of the next few days I tried them all, with mixed results. They were less crisp than I prefer in a shortbread cookie, but that may have been due to the high humidity in the air (I left them out on my counter, though still in their wax envelope). The tea flavors were subtle, and the fruit flavors strong; I liked the nuttiness of the Hojicha Sesame, but the Chai Almond didn't have much almond flavor at all. The cookies were three for two dollars so I only bought six and didn't get to the last few flavors, but after this experiment I think I'm good with what I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment