Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bidding farewell with a bountiful breakfast

IMG_1080
At the end of break, the morning I flew back out to Colorado, I enjoyed an early breakfast with my family before my parents drove me to the airport. With a leftover bit of pork and a handful of scallions my dad mixed up the filling for some homemade pan-fried buns, which he prepared that morning. There was also pan-fried taro and turnip cake, kaya (coconut jam) on toast courtesy of my brother, orange and pomelo wedges, and a large pot of jasmine peony tea. It was one of the nicest send-off breakfasts that I can remember.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! So so jealous that your dad can just whip up some pan-fried buns...seriously delicious looking breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty impressed with my dad's quick skills, too. It's nice to have a food-loving family :)

    ReplyDelete