Monday, June 15, 2009

Half and half at Canino's

IMG_2229
At Canino's, the awesomeness of the second-floor outdoor back patio, which provided a decent glimpse of sunset, was knocked down by its unadorned decor and unlovely view of the parking lot; the awesomeness of the cheese tortellini's five dollar price tag (a recession special, I believe) was knocked down by the fact that it tasted like a TV dinner from the frozen aisle. As for the sauces, offered "half and half" on my pasta so that I could try both, the Alfredo was too thick and too salty, too rich a pairing for the pasta by far, and the marinara no better than jarred. I guess in this case, instead of half and half, I would have preferred things to just be all-around good. Ah well, at least the company was excellent…

No comments:

Post a Comment