Sunday, July 5, 2009

A go-to meal at Saigon Grill

IMG_2912
At certain restaurants I tend to order the same dish every time I go. It's probably because I've discovered something satisfying there, and then I go to that restaurant knowing that that particular dish is what I'm in the mood for. Most of the time I like exploring menus, but sometimes I just want to eat and not experiment.

Saigon Grill is one of those places. Every time I go, I order the goi banh cuon, varying only in my choice of either chicken, shrimp, or beef to top the mound of steamed rice noodles. The marinated, grilled protein arrives beneath a heap of chopped peanuts, and it's served with a generous amount of veg (pickled cucumbers, shredded lettuce, bean sprouts, and basil), as well as a cup of nuoc cham sauce for dipping. It's not so much that Saigon Grill has the best version available, but rather that here it is the most accessible (I don't see this dish on too many other menus) and it is speedy and inexpensive. Those factors combined have had me ordering this dish at Saigon Grill for years. Years to come, too, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment