Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A sandwich surprise at Jimmy John's

Jimmy John's
I was riding my bike into Old Town to check out the aftermath of Brewfest when NH's call came. "Everyone's splitting, but I'm about to go eat at Jimmy John's, do you want to meet me?"

"Sure," I replied, wondering why she'd be eating at an unremarkable-looking chain sandwich shop when there were so many other places to dine. I wasn't sure if going to Jimmy John's was a random decision, but once I arrived NH told me how much she liked the sandwiches there. Hmm, I thought, I gotta check this out.

After perusing their menu of 8" sub sandwiches and giant club sandwiches, I went with the Beach Club: "Fresh baked turkey breast, provolone cheese, avocado spread, sliced cucumber, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, and mayo." I added sweet peppers too for some acidity, and asked for it to come on thick-sliced seven grain bread instead of the standard French bread.
Jimmy John's
What the girl passed over the counter to me was a simply enormous, overstuffed packet wrapped in paper. And I have to say, it was a really good sandwich: the bread was soft and hearty and all the ingredients tasted fresh. Way better than the sandwich I had at Backcountry Provisions! The avocado spread got a little lost—I might simplify this combo to only include turkey, provolone, sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, and sweet peppers—but as a whole everything melded together really nicely. At $5.50, it was also very reasonably priced. Whenever I pass by Jimmy John's now I wonder if I should stop in to pick up another one….

1 comment:

  1. At the venerable eatery Jimmy Johns, you can eat sandwiches that you've never had before. Make sure you are familiar with Jimmy Johns Hours so you can organise your vacation appropriately. Before going, take a look at Jimmy Johns' opening and closing times because being early will benefit you. Learn about the Jimmy John's Holiday List, the location of the closest Jimmy John's, and other information.
    jimmy john's hours

    ReplyDelete