Saturday, May 17, 2008

(E)wards

So Jessica at FoodMayhem awarded me with an "E for Excellent" nearly a month ago, and because I am a complete delinquent I am only managing to acknowledge this now. (Jess would never let this happen on her blog, as she somehow manages to throw up several detailed, timely posts a day even while planning a blow-out wedding.) Thanks, girl! And in the spirit of this (e)ward here are three of my picks, in no particular order:

The Kitchen Sink: Along with the gorgeous photography, what I love about Kristin's site is that almost every one of the recipes seems delicious, interesting, and completely accessible. I find myself bookmarking probably 80 percent of her posts, so that I can go back to them at some point to try them out.

A Passion for Food: Kathy's clear enthusiasm and joy over what she eats and experiences is lovely to read, and half the time after she posts about a place out I feel compelled to immediately go there myself. It helps that she runs around in roughly the same areas that I do—um, as in all of New York City, practically no borough left untouched, and then some.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks!
: Beautiful, step-by-step photos of un-pretentious recipes are what make me visit Ree's site regularly. I also love the humorous commentary she injects into each one of her posts, as well as her backstory ("I attended college in Los Angeles and wore black pumps to work every day. I ate sushi and treated myself to pedicures on a semi-regular basis.... Now I live in the middle of nowhere on a working cattle ranch").

Happy reading folks!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words and the award!

    ReplyDelete