Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Easy as key lime pie

IMG_2344
I still had key limes leftover from my bag o' twenty, having used only about ten to make the key lime coconut cake. What to do?

Pie, of course, pie.

I love sweet, tart, creamy desserts like this, and few seem as simple to make. Even if I had made the graham cracker crust myself, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Though for me, it took a while to juice the limes, but that's because I don't have any kind of juicing tool save for a fork.
IMG_2093
I do, however, have an interchangeable-blade Microplane zester, which made zesting a breeze. Whew.

By the way, anyone else watch Dexter? All I could think about while making this was whether or not Camilla would approve…

Key Lime Pie

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
zest of two key limes
juice of ten key limes (about half a cup)
graham cracker pie crust

Whisk first four ingredients together until smooth. Pour into pie crust and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool to room temp and then refrigerate for 4–5 hours, until filling is chilled and set.

No comments:

Post a Comment