Friday, June 19, 2009

Giant gelato at Gelazzi

IMG_2587
I really don't know what I was thinking. What made me figure I could handle a large order of gelato in a waffle cone, when normally all I need is a few spoonfuls to satisfy my wimpy sweet tooth? Blame the coupon for Gelazzi: it was buy one large size, get one free, and MC and I weren't about to pass that up. While I was at it, I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to throw four different flavors in there, either: pistachio (more like vanilla in a light shade of green), tiramisu (way too boozy), nocciola (chocolate hazelnut; pretty decent), and almond (I think, I can't remember anymore).
IMG_2590
Unfortunately, this was about as far as I got before the sweetness of the gelato became heavy and sickening. I wouldn't blame this on Gelazzi—just on me, for not knowing my limits. I made myself take several more spoonfuls, but my mind was already skipping ahead to the waffle cone, and wishing for something savory instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment