Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kyoto Sushi: Surprises from a last resort

IMG_3051
After several hours of drinking at a bar on the Upper East Side, MH was hungry and fiending for a bowl of soup noodles. Unfortunately, aside from a few Chinese takeout joints, a restaurant that would serve us soup noodles was nowhere to be found. Along our hunt we passed by Kyoto Sushi and dismissed it as probably having crappy food, but when we realized the restaurant was our best option the four of us reluctantly doubled back and sat ourselves down to give the place a try.

I won't say the food blew my expectations out of the water, but it was better than I thought. I stuck with the chicken katsu don because it's usually a safe bet, and while what I was served wasn't anything special, it definitely wasn't bad. MH was satisfied with her bowl of udon too. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat a meal there, but if stuck in the area again without any options for Asian food, I'd give Kyoto Sushi another shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment